For Professional Use Only
WARNING: Avoid exposure to vapors. Use in a well-ventilated area or with an approved respirator device.
Features and Benefits
• Heavy duty protection against most stains
• Original fluorochemical technology
• Natural look
• Solvent-based, interior & exterior
Where to Use
Natural stone such as bluestone, granite, limestone, slate & travertine.
Read entire label before using. Use only as directed. Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to applying sealer. Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings. Surface temperature should be between 50°F and 80°F. Keep children and pets out of the area until foot traffic resumes.
1. Ensure area is well-ventilated during application and until the surface is dry. Use a respirator if unsure that area is well-ventilated. A NIOSH-approved respirator with a combination HEPA/organic vapor cartridge is recommended. Follow respirator manufacturer’s instructions for use.
2. Mask any surfaces not intended to be treated.
3. Liberally apply an even coat using a paint pad, roller, brush or pump-up garden sprayer. DO NOT USE A POWER SPRAYER. See method of application for more information. Do not thin before using.
4. Allow sealer to penetrate surface for 15–30 minutes; denser stone may require more time for sealer to penetrate. During this time, distribute excess sealer over entire area to ensure even penetration. DO NOT ALLOW EXCESS IMPREGNATOR PRO® TO DRY ON SURFACE.
5. Thoroughly wipe entire surface with dry cloth to remove excess DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Impregnator Pro® from surface.
6. A second coat may be needed for more porous surfaces and should be applied one hour after initial application, as directed in steps 3–5.
7. If excess sealer was not completely wiped off and a residue appears, wipe entire surface with a towel dampened with sealer. Use a white nylon scrubbing pad to loosen residue and follow with white absorbent towel to remove.
8. Full cure is achieved after 24–72 hours; foot traffic may begin in 6–8 hours. Cover with red rosin paper if foot traffic must resume before the recommended time periods have passed.
9. Rags and equipment that are wet with product may be combustible. Clean up promptly after job is complete. Clean equipment with mineral spirits and allow to dry in a well-ventilated area. Allow rags to dry in a well-ventilated area out of the reach of children and pets. When dry, dispose of in accordance with local waste disposal regulations .
Method of Application
DO NOT USE A POWER SPRAYER. Power sprayers increase exposure hazard. Power sprayers also create a significant amount of overspray resulting in wasted product and the need for additional clean-up. A pump-up garden sprayer will reduce the potential for over-exposure to vapors and produce better results.
For small jobs, use a paint pad, roller or brush. Trigger spray bottles are not recommended. Trigger sprayers create overspray and may not give a uniform application. Better results will be obtained using a pad, roller or brush.
For larger jobs, use a pump-up garden sprayer available at your local garden center, hardware store, or home improvement center.
Available Sizes (and Coverage)
Pint: 20-140 sq. ft.
Quart: 40-275 sq. ft.
Gallon*: 150-1,100 sq. ft.
5 Gallon*: 750-5,500 sq. ft.
55 Gallon*: 8,250-60,500 sq. ft.
Expected Wear: 3-5 years on interior surfaces & 1-3 years on exterior surfaces.
* Impregnator Pro® Sealer is not available in Canada.
Under SCAQMD Rule 1113, VOC = 734 g/L
Product Performance Guarantee
For our Product Performance Guarantee click here.